|Operated by Gateway Region YMCA – Clinton County Branch
(only when pool is open)
Check back for 2019 details!!
Opening Day is Saturday, May 25, 2019!
Click here to purchase a Household Membership, an Individual Membership and to sign-up for Swim Lessons.
To book a pool party, contact Julie at 618-236-9983
|2019 SEASON INFORMATION
The Legion Memorial Pool will open for the Season on Saturday, May 25, the Saturday prior to Memorial Day.
Regular pool hours:12:00-7:00 p.m. (May 25 to August 11). Wesclin School District resumes classes on Monday, August 14.
*For the purpose of Household Memberships, “Household” is defined as “two adults and their dependents under the age of 25 years old who reside in the household.” Proof of residency is required. A third adult may be added onto the household membership for $75.
**The private pool party rental rate is for a 2 hour time period and up to 50 guests. Each additional half hour is $43.75. Each additional guest over 50 is $5.00.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The YMCA and the VILLAGE agree to the following general rules and regulations for the 2016 season. These rules and regulations are intended to operate the pool as a safe, sanitary and family friendly environment and therefore have been established for the protection and benefit of all residents, and to help assure that all residents can enjoy the swimming facilities. Any violation of the rules and policies could result in expulsion from the pool for the balance of the day and/or season.
– No dogs or other pets, with the exception of service animals, will be permitted in the pool or pool area.
– No child under the age of 18 will be permitted in the deep-water section of the pool unless he/she can demonstrate his/her ability to swim by passing a deep water test according to the YMCA Aquatic Policy.
– No child under the age of 13 will be permitted into the pool without a parent or adult guardian.
– For the purpose of Household Memberships, “Household” is defined as “two adults and their dependents under the age of 25 years old who reside in the household.” Proof of residency is required. A third adult may be added onto the household membership for $75.
– No glass items will be permitted in the pool or in the pool area.
– Food or drinks from the concession stand, including any food or drink brought in for a private pool party, must be consumed in the concession area, or in an area specifically designated for such, and is not permitted in the pool area itself.
– No alcohol or tobacco will be permitted within the pool facilities at any time, including during private pool parties.
– No persons will be admitted to the pool area while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance that might impair their abilities.
– Personal conduct in the pool and pool area must be such that the safety of the individual and others are not endangered or offended.
– No profanity will be allowed in the pool or in the pool area.
– Children 5 years of age and younger must have an adult (18 years of age or older) in the water at all times, no matter the child’s swimming ability.
– Children 6-12 years of age who cannot pass the swim test requires an adult (18 years of age or older) in the water with the child within 5ft at all times.
– Children 6 & 7 years of age and are able to pass the swim test are required to have a supervising adult (18 years of age or older) on deck at all times.
– Children 8-12 years of age who pass the swim test require an adult (18 years of age or older) to be in the YMCA facility at all times.
– Any swimmers exhibiting weak swim skills may be given a YMCA administered swim skills test in order to be allowed to swim in water that is deeper than their underarms.
NEW BADEN VILLAGE PARK
Open Daily, 6 a.m. to dusk.
The 41-acre New Baden Community Park has a swimming pool, tennis courts, ball diamonds, soccer field, hockey rink, skate-park, limestone walking path, play-ground equipment, sand volleyball court, basketball court, and picnic facilities. The Park Pavilions can be reserved through-out the spring and summer for a small fee. The Legion Memorial Swimming Pool is open daily from Memorial Day to mid-August. Swimming Lessons, Pool Parties and seasonal passes are available. Contact Village Hall for more details.
PARK PAVILION RESERVATIONS
Please contact Village Hall for availability, 588-3813.
**Non-resident is any person living outside the corporate limits of New Baden.
New Baden Organizations will have priority for scheduling pavilions or any other recreation facilities within the Park. New Baden Organizations may schedule the pavilions and other recreation facilities by reserving time slots at the Village Hall. New Baden Organizations may request the reservation fee to be waived.
Keys for the facilities may be checked out the day of the event or on the last working day prior to the event. Keys must be returned immediately after an event and may be deposited in the Village Hall’s night deposit slot located on the west side of the building.
Baseball/Softball Diamond usage is also scheduled through the Park & Rec Coordinator, 910-4617. There is a fee per diamond for any prep work done.
NEW BADEN VILLAGE PARK 1103 EAST HANOVER ST New Baden, Illinois 62265